Страница 3 из 4

Добавлено: 04 окт 2007 10:40
Saske
Lady Astrel, stop! You have not understood that I have written? I admit that I quietly can not write when I do not have dictionary. I constantly to search in it for something that is necessary for me. I have got used to carry the dictionary with myself. It small and it it is quietly possible to hide somewhere.

Добавлено: 04 окт 2007 14:34
uo-xo-xo
Hello, it's me again.
I'd been thinking about my attitude to Emma and that's what I understood.
I think the matter is that I forgot about a really important fact. Emma Watson is now about two years older than Hermione Granger, it might be the reason I considered her image not quite matching the image of Hermione I had in my mind. Of course it's not only Emma who is older than her character, it's the same about Ron and Rupert, but it's usually less noticeable with boys of their age than with girls. Now that I've understood it I'll bear it in mind. I hope it'll help me to be fairer and more tolerant to her.

X-Sive, I also like Columbus's films. They are so... magic!
But I like Newell's work too. I think, he managed to show how these kids start growing up and facing the realities of adult life.

Pretty Hermy, I understand your feelings so much! Yes, I feel this magic reading the HP books and watching certain episodes of the HP films. Pity, the 5th film lacked this magic... :cry:
And, IMHO, you're absolutely right paying no attention to prejudices!

Now a few words about films. Actually, I prefer to watch foreign films in the original. If I don't know the language, I prefer the original sound and Russian or English subtitles. If the sound is in English, I don't usually need subtitles (I need English subs only if they're using some local dialect I'm not good at, as, for example, Yorkshire dialect in "Full Monty")/
I prefer the original sound because I believe, acting is not only seen in actors' faces and gestures but also heard in their voices. So I want not only to see but to hear, too.
It's all the same about the HP films: I watched them both in translation and in the original, and I definitely prefer the latter.
My husband was lucky to find the "pirates'" DVD with the English track, so I have a chance to watch its original version. :)

ILYA, I agree wth Pretty Hermy and X-Sive about understanding more than just words. Besides, watching films in English is a good practice and it really helps to improve your English. For example, my husband used to learn Spanish and German. Six years ago he started watching films in the original with me, and it helped him to learn English, now he understands almost everything and speaks rather fluently with native speakers.

And now, if you don't mind, I'll point out some mistakes in the postings above:
depended from the director
to be so strongly dependant from prejudices
Глагол depend употребляется с предлогом on (depended on the director). Это трудно запомнить, потому что хочется сказать так, как привыкли говорить по-русски. Я сама поначалу всегда ошибалась. :wink:
And it doesn't matter is he shy or not in usual life
В английском языке нет падежей, поэтому, чтобы отличить подлежащее от дополнения, нужен определённый порядок слов: подлежащее + сказуемое + второстепенные члены предложения. Порядок сказуемое + подлежащее (обратный порядок слов) используется только в вопросительном предложении (вернее, сказуемое делится пополам: сначала идёт его первая часть -- например, вспомогательный, разделительный или модальный глагол, затем подлежащее и потом вторая часть сказуемого -- значимый глагол, прилагательное или существительное). Поэтому в утвердительном предложении нельзя поставить is перед he. Чтобы выразить смысл, который мы передаём частицей ли (неважно, робкий ли он или нет), нужен союз if или whether:
And it doesn't matter if he is shy or not in his usual life.
Тот же союз нужен и в этом примере:
I don't know i love them all
I don't know if I love them all.
one begins to loose that magic
Здесь, видимо, опечатка: лишняя буква о.
You where all were gone?
Как я уже говорила выше, в вопросе сказуемое стоит перед подлежащим. Если есть вопросительное слово, оно ставится на первое место, за ним идёт первая часть сказуемого, подлежащее и вторая часть сказуемого.
Where have you all gone?
soon a theme will decay
Здесь речь идёт не о "какой-то" теме, а о вполне конкретной, вот этой, поэтому артикль нужен не неопределённый, а определённый -- the theme.
love these language so mach,but can't talk on it perfectly
Здесь, видимо, две опечатки и одна грамматическая ошибка:
1. these = эти, для единственного числа нужно использовать местоимение this.
2. much
3. can't talk in it perfectly
independant
опечатка: independent
And acoustical English at me not so good.
Неправильно построено предложение:
I'm not good at understanding spoken English.
I not at once understand
don't understand at once
I constantly to search in it
Частичка to используется для неопределённой формы глагола, как у нас окончание -(и)ть. Здесь она не нужна, иначе получается "Я постоянно искать слова в словаре" :D
to carry the dictionary with myself
with me
It small
В английском предложении обязательно должен быть глагол -- здесь сказуемое будет состоять из глагола и прилагательного:
It is small.
understand my English good because I hate Russian.
we at once each other have not grown fond
ILYA, простите, я просто не поняла, что Вы хотели выразить этими двумя предложениями. Если не трудно, напишите по-русски, тогда я скажу, как их перестроить, что заменить, чтобы всё было правильно.

Добавлено: 04 окт 2007 14:48
Saske
uo-xo-xo, я написал:
я не люблю русский и потому мой английский хрош.(я ангийскому больш внимания уделяю)
второе предложение: мы сразу друг друга невзлюбили.(я и русский)

Добавлено: 04 окт 2007 15:04
uo-xo-xo
ILYA писал(а):uo-xo-xo, я написал:
я не люблю русский и потому мой английский хрош.(я ангийскому больш внимания уделяю)
My English is better than Russian because I don't really like Russian and pay more attention to my English.
ILYA писал(а):второе предложение: мы сразу друг друга невзлюбили.(я и русский)
We disliked each other at once.
(dis- -- отрицательная приставка: like -- dislike, appear -- disappear)

Добавлено: 04 окт 2007 16:44
Pretty Hermy
don't know i love them all

I don't know if I love them all.
нет, я в принципе уверена, что мне они нравятся) я спросто хотела сказать по-русски..."Не знаю...мне они нравятся" наверное, по-английски это не звучит :)

Добавлено: 04 окт 2007 23:56
X-Sive
Можно сказать I don't know, i just like them.

Добавлено: 05 окт 2007 00:43
Kationa
Капелька Соулино писал(а):X-Sive, sorry for bothering your discussion between you and Kationa, but I should notice that this situation (when people lose their personality, their own minds, they're under different stereotypes, lose their originality) is in Russia too. Do you agree? And I think in Russia the situation is much worse...that's why I don't love, don't like, don't feel this country...though I was born and still live here...I don't like Russian people (of course not all peolpe, but the most of them) because of their senseless, their prejudices and so on...For me it's hard to live here.
honestly i can't blame you for saying that. but after living here for quite some time, i'm afraid i have become a bit patriotic and whenever i go home and come back, i get really nasty shocks. i get used to them and stuff, and afterwards i feel really surprised that i was surprised.
i mean, the british have a unique quality of being so... pleasant. i mean, you smile - they smile back and visa versa. all you get in ukraine is swearing - now that's real fun (!)

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 10:42
Lady Astrel
uo-xo-xo, I think, you've missed one mistake in ILYA's post:
You have not understood that I have written?
Perhaps, it should have been like this:
You do not understand what I have written, do you? (Or: You don't understand - that'll depend on emphasizing)

Or the setence could have been written in past tenses:
You didn't understand what I had written, did you?

Do you agree? :wink:

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 12:17
uo-xo-xo
Lady Astrel, you're absolutely right! Thank you!

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 15:13
Saske
Перевидите please:
Pride of British Awards.

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 17:29
X-Sive
Totally secret ceremony - I couldn't find anything about it on trustworthy sources.

There is no such thing even in Wikipedia.

Добавлено спустя 3 минуты 36 секунд:

Церемония награждений "Гордость Британии".

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 21:37
Lady Astrel
Церемония награждений "Гордость Британии".
Are you sure?

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 22:46
X-Sive
Yes, quite sure. :)

Добавлено: 08 окт 2007 23:04
Lady Astrel
You see, I asked because "British" is an adjective... If it was "Pride of Britain Award", I wouldn't have doubted...

Добавлено: 09 окт 2007 20:15
X-Sive
But it's Britain the correct variant, not British, or you just interested what would be the translation in this particular case?

Добавлено: 10 окт 2007 21:27
Lady Astrel
But it's Britain the correct variant, not British,
It must have been written as "Pride of Britain Awards"?

Добавлено: 11 окт 2007 00:17
X-Sive
Yeah, sounds strange at first, but if you put stress (emphasize on) PRIDE OF BRITAIN awards (like Russian music awards), it's ok. :)

Добавлено: 11 окт 2007 20:58
Lady Astrel
No, Pride of Britain Awards sounds OK and not strange at all. But Pride of British Awards...

Добавлено: 02 ноя 2007 04:46
Валькирия_Стаффорд
All theme comes to gramma lessons... Good job, guys!
And one of the last shots is killing me *lmao* =))) "pride of Britain".. really.. is this a topic for the translation... *lmao* I thought it was made not really for that... =)))

Добавлено: 02 ноя 2007 18:49
X-Sive
Валькирия_Стаффорд, actually, it suits everything, which is actual and concerns english on this forum.

Добавлено: 26 ноя 2007 10:29
Фиолетовая кошка
Hi everybody!!!!!!What You now about new film (of course about Harry Potter) :)

Добавлено: 30 ноя 2007 15:10
LunaLove
Фиолетовая кошка писал(а):Hi everybody!!!!!!What You now about new film (of course about Harry Potter) :)
Not so much. You can find something interesting in the ГП и ПП topic.
WB just made some episodes with Dambledore and Harry. Dan said that it was amazing to make an episode in the cave.

Добавлено: 30 ноя 2007 20:59
X-Sive
Ha-ha. He would tell that anyway. Dan uses word amazing in every sentence. That annoys, really. :?
It seems that he is so dishonest that he would tell amazing about anything in the world. Like some 6 yeas-old kids do.

Добавлено: 30 ноя 2007 23:08
LunaLove
X-Sive писал(а):Ha-ha. He would tell that anyway. Dan uses word amazing in every sentence. That annoys, really. :?
It seems that he is so dishonest that he would tell amazing about anything in the world. Like some 6 yeas-old kids do.
I dont think so. He always speak about his favourite episodes only.
What would you say being a selebrity anyway!? More over english are really emotional as americans actually. Rassian people are not. For instance, they (i mean english) can use the word "nise" toward anithing: "nice weather, nice dress, nice people..." and so on. So If you can not to understand him and you dont even know about special features of engish nation, dont show it although. It just look like very stupid.

Добавлено: 30 ноя 2007 23:34
Jennyka
X-Sive писал(а):Ha-ha. He would tell that anyway. Dan uses word amazing in every sentence. That annoys, really. :?
It seems that he is so dishonest that he would tell amazing about anything in the world. Like some 6 yeas-old kids do.
May be "amazing" is his favourite word!
All of us have fav words, like "great", "cool" etc.