О фильмах на английском /Only for english speaking.

Здесь можно обсуждать фильмы о Гарри Поттере, игру и личности актеров.
Kationa
Ученик

Сообщение Kationa » 28 сен 2007 20:11

X-Sive писал(а): Kationa, and how is it in England? Can you tell something interesting abou life there and other internal affairs? I am just a great fan of GB.
God help me! :)
well im glad that you are interested, but i personally have a desire to move to America. i live in a rather small village outside Oxford
oxford i honestly love. its a fantastic city and its just not too big, not too small with an appropriate amount of shopping and a whole lot of culture.

i suppose i cannot say a lot about the culture. there are too many stereotypes : chavs, townies, goths, geeks etc etc
im just a foreign girl and thats all

when comparing our towns and villages and theirs, the gap is gigantic. here people just live very well, not counting council estates. they go out at nights to the local pubs, go shopping, go to the restaurants.
i apologize for not being overly helpful, but the culture is just very concious of the society. they sing baa baa RAINBOW sheep, in order not to sound racist.
Могу ли я, гавно ли я... а - Магнолия!!

Lonely_Wizard
Новичок

Сообщение Lonely_Wizard » 28 сен 2007 21:46

Could anybody help me to translate sentence: "I cay my cove on you"?
I guess the "cay" word is a verb (predicate ), if YES so how can I translate it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fqxg96L ... ed&search=

:)
Последний раз редактировалось Lonely_Wizard 29 сен 2007 00:45, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Псевдоним: Кринус
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 28 сен 2007 22:52

Pretty Hermy писал(а): P.S.X-Sive, your English is great!i'm so glad to see that because my peers are just terrible at it and i have no friends with the same passion in English to communicate with)
Thank you, I am very glad! Actually, there are no people who are keen on english among my friends too. So i'm very happy that i am able to discuss something in english on this forum.

Kationa, I hope that racist stuff vanishes soon. I think that they just fear a bit to be considered racists nowdays.
Kationa писал(а): i suppose i cannot say a lot about the culture. there are too many stereotypes : chavs, townies, goths, geeks etc etc
Some highlights:

I) chav

Чав (подросток или молодой человек, часто малообразованный, слепо следующий моде; живет на пособие или устраивается на неквалифицированную работу; одет в спортивный костюм, кроссовки белого цвета, кепку-бейсболку с бросающимися в глаза логотипами модных марок; носит большое количество золотых украшений: массивные цепочки, кольца, браслеты; для представителей среднего класса олицетворяет лень, невежество и глупость)

II) townie

1)

noun
resident of a college town not affiliated with the college

2) A townie is a person who spends their free time, hanging around outside the local MacDonald’s. The male specimen has a tendency to wear fake Adidas goods, mainly tracksuits. However, they are incapable of running - due to the horrendous daily intake of tobacco.

It is good to try and avoid these poor excuses for people: if you yourself are not a fellow townie, due to the fact that they resent anybody who can spell at least one word correctly.

They also like to pretend that they are stoned and drunk to impress others. Even if it is only 10 o'clock in the morning.

III) goths

Готы

IV) geeks

Ботаны, Заучки
Lonely_Wizard писал(а):Could anybody help me to translate sentence: "I cay my cove on you".
I guess the "cay" word is a verb (predicate ), if YES so how can I
Honestly i haven't found suitable translation of words cay and cove.

But according to what i've found, cay is a "коралловый риф" or "комплекс из кораллов" or "возводить, строить коралловый комплекс" or something like that. And cove is "пещера".

So it amkes sense to translate this as:
Cay - возводить
Cove - пешера, убежище.

Я строю пещеру над тобой.
Я простираю свою защиту над тобой.

Or something like that. :roll:
Order of the Phoenix
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Sensible unless not sensitive.

Lady Astrel
Заслуженный Волшебник
Псевдоним: wicked witch
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Lady Astrel » 28 сен 2007 23:39

Oh, I see, you've decided to discuss films and actors in English. Really, it's a great idea!
As for the actors... Well, I think first we should see them in other films. They are still children (OK, teenages, and that is worse :wink: ) Let's wait until they become adults - and then make our conclusion.
Cove - пешера, убежище.
Cove? Not "cave"?
A triffle, a little, the likeness of a dream, and death comes as the end...

Лучший форумец 2007 г.

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 29 сен 2007 15:36

I can here the words "I lay my love on you" in the song.

But the author of the clip wrote "I cay my cove on you".
I hardly understand whether it is or isn't a joke. Because neither of these words has a proper meaning.
Order of the Phoenix

Kationa
Ученик

Сообщение Kationa » 30 сен 2007 19:19

X-Sive писал(а):
Kationa, I hope that racist stuff vanishes soon. I think that they just fear a bit to be considered racists nowdays.
Kationa писал(а): i suppose i cannot say a lot about the culture. there are too many stereotypes : chavs, townies, goths, geeks etc etc
thanks for the update ^^ i do avoid the people, or at least attempt to - they are everywhere.
Добавлено спустя 1 минуту 48 секунд:

cove isnt quite a cave. cove is залив - a perfect example of which (geography study :S is Lulworth Cove, in the south of england

Lady Astrel
Заслуженный Волшебник
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Lady Astrel » 30 сен 2007 20:48

Hope, you wanted to use the verb "to hear". Am I right? :wink:
cove is залив
I think, it's better to translate this word as бухта.

Лучший форумец 2007 г.

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 01 окт 2007 02:24

Lady Astrel писал(а):
Hope, you wanted to use the verb "to hear". Am I right? :wink:
Yeah, a foolish misprint. :)
Order of the Phoenix

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 01 окт 2007 09:27

X-Sive, have you ever been to England?(it's offtopic but it's interesting for me)all the people think that i've been to England but it's not true.Watching interviews and reading harry potter books in original, oh and watching films helped me a lot.
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you...(C)Gandalf
Believe in magic and it will live inside you!(C)me)
437249146-стучитесь в аську, you are always welcome)

Kationa
Ученик

Сообщение Kationa » 01 окт 2007 12:27

Lady Astrel писал(а):

cove is залив
I think, it's better to translate this word as бухта.
thanks for pointing that out. technically, it works either way, but on http://slovari.yandex.ru/ it says that бухта is cove amongst cliffs in particular.
what really surprised me, was they have cove as cave in the dictionary for some demented reason. it just doesn't make much sense - never seen those two words used in the same context

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 01 окт 2007 18:12

Hey people! You where all were gone? :cry: I feel soon a theme will decay. :cry: Let's talk!
Славные Остатки от Гриффиндора

Sophie Fatale
Староста
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Sophie Fatale » 01 окт 2007 18:29

I love these language so mach,but can't talk on it perfectly.uhh :roll:
crazy 88 Sophie Fatale
Это время луны!)

Он прятал женщин в несгораемый шкаф,но вёл себя как джентльмен...(с)

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 01 окт 2007 19:25

Pretty Hermy писал(а):X-Sive, have you ever been to England?(it's offtopic but it's interesting for me)all the people think that i've been to England but it's not true.Watching interviews and reading harry potter books in original, oh and watching films helped me a lot.
Sorry for responding so late!
No, I haven't.

Honestly, there had been time, long ago, when I dreamt of going (or even moving) to England. But I see now what is happening there. It is getting more and more a popular country. Like popular music. I don't feel it's originality anymore. The same is to America. They are too (stale, insipid, vapid - found all these words in dictionary but don't know which is suitable for this situation, Kationa, could you help me?), there are so many senseless people there. It's of course only my opinion. I compare, for example, the english and spaniards. What a considerable difference! Nothing to compare. They've lost their face. Sorry to tell that, but it's true.

It's a great country with great history, yes. But they are not independant from the prejudices. Only most of the people! That makes them quite unfree.

Sorry for such er... disgracing opinion.

I would like to live in Spain. Or in France.

Добавлено спустя 19 минут 13 секунд:
ILYA писал(а):Hey people! You where all were gone? :cry: I feel soon a theme will decay. :cry: Let's talk!
I hope that won't happen.

Let's talk, for example, about the translation of hp movies. Do you think it is good or bad? Do you understand the original language?
Order of the Phoenix

Kationa
Ученик

Сообщение Kationa » 01 окт 2007 20:11

X-Sive, i think vapid is a good word - personally i agree with the comment - ignorance is a major factor round here. its hard not to stereotype people around here. you can actually tell the people apart by clothes. that is how deep it goes. not all people. all the people i socialize with are great guys with fantastic stereotypes, it is just the face of the country which unfortunately is detereorating.

Lady Astrel
Заслуженный Волшебник
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Lady Astrel » 01 окт 2007 20:40

Let's talk, for example, about the translation of hp movies. Do you think it is good or bad? Do you understand the original language?
They took the book version and all the mistakes we see in books are in the film. I prefer the original films.
I don't feel it's originality anymore.
Sorry, but there is a grammar mistake in this sentence: its originality.

Лучший форумец 2007 г.

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 01 окт 2007 21:10

Er... Another misprint. Too much of them. I should be more attentive.

But at least there is no too much difference between books and films.
In the fifth, for example, they put the exact variants of the exclamations which were in the book. Though with mistakes.

Unfortunately I can't watch HP and OP with its original sound in its original language. They issued the movie without this feature for the 5th and 2nd regions. I don't know why, but in all recent movies of (the largest) distributor ИНТЕР ФИЛЬМ, that issues HP, the english sound is absent. Only russian and ukrainian. Maybe it is more benefitial for them or they just need another license for that, but the fact is that they carelessly got it out. :(

So now in addition to everything else you have to purchase the movie in order to watch it in origin from some internet shop in Germany or Poland, or anywhere else. I personally live in Belarus, but as much as i now, the same thing is in Russia and all the countries of CIS (СНГ).

By the way, I tried to complain on that, but all my complaints have been ignored so far. Ah...
Order of the Phoenix

Капелька Соулино
Ученик

Сообщение Капелька Соулино » 01 окт 2007 21:31

X-Sive, sorry for bothering your discussion between you and Kationa, but I should notice that this situation (when people lose their personality, their own minds, they're under different stereotypes, lose their originality) is in Russia too. Do you agree? And I think in Russia the situation is much worse...that's why I don't love, don't like, don't feel this country...though I was born and still live here...I don't like Russian people (of course not all peolpe, but the most of them) because of their senseless, their prejudices and so on...For me it's hard to live here.

P.S. Oh, sorry, now I see that you're from Belarus not Russia:) I was in Minsk last year for a week and I liked this city very, very much! And I liked Belarussian people.
I think the translation of the HP books is not very good in some parts. I prefer to read HP in its original language.
Concerning HP movies - unfortunately I watched HP and the Goblet of Fire in English only...But I'd like to watch another parts of film in English too. To compare :mrgreen:
Actually, for me it's better to see movies in its original language than with translation, because I like to hear actors' real voices with beautiful accents (have I spelled this word correctly, guys? I'm not sure :)), intonations and so on.
The show must go on...

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 02 окт 2007 00:40

I think it is spelt right. We had a good english teacher, but she seems to be having busy times.

I agree with you! But compared to the englishmen and englishwomen it is more likely to be some kind of blind imitation of the western culture. Russians have their culture, but they may have either forgotten about it or haven't yet shown it.

And I think it's not their fault, not their initiative to be so strongly dependant from prejudices. They copy that's why they are more free and innocent.

And for me it is more pleasant to see cute russian faces with a bit of hope for freedom than cold and monotone and monochrome, senseless faces of most of the britons. That is only what concerns the youth, not adults.
Russian adults are full of prejudices, connected with soviet regime. But that is another story.

From another point of view, we ought to overpass these problems and stand together, help to each other.

Sorry if I offend someone. Who is offended, i guess is defended from these prejudices, because they still feel and sense (i wonder if can say like this?).

Добавлено спустя 2 часа 53 минуты 21 секунду:
Капелька Соулино писал(а): P.S. Oh, sorry, now I see that you're from Belarus not Russia:) I was in Minsk last year for a week and I liked this city very, very much! And I liked Belarussian people.
Very glad to hear that!
Order of the Phoenix

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 02 окт 2007 11:36

X-Sive, translation of film is necessary for those who knows only the native language. I for example listened much интерьвю in English and began to understand a little. That is if I shall look film in English I shall understand half.

Lady Astrel
Заслуженный Волшебник
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Lady Astrel » 02 окт 2007 18:54

Maybe it is more benefitial for them or they just need another license for that, but the fact is that they carelessly got it out.
I have all films in English, except the latest one. It is in Russian, with the Ukranian subtitres. I hadn't noticed it in the shop, but when I discovered it... Well, it was a great disappointment!
интерьвю in English
interview
That is if I shall look film in English I shall understand half.
Not exactly. If you watch film in English you'll understand more, much more, than you expect to. You won't be able to make a translation sentence by sentence, but you'll get the main idea.[/quote]

Лучший форумец 2007 г.

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 02 окт 2007 19:02

Lady Astrel, well. I shall understand a basis, but I shall not understand something additional.

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 02 окт 2007 20:07

ILYA, you are too young to understand everything.when I was your age i was terrible at English)the most important thing is practice so try to do your best to improve your language.I watched interviews with the cast and films in original and it helped me so much.Just try to do what's interesting for you and it will be a pleasure)
do you think 2-disk edition will have the English language?
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you...(C)Gandalf
Believe in magic and it will live inside you!(C)me)
437249146-стучитесь в аську, you are always welcome)

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 02 окт 2007 23:04

Pretty Hermy писал(а):ILYA, ...Just try to do what's interesting for you and it will be a pleasure)
I agree with that.
Order of the Phoenix

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 03 окт 2007 11:25

Pretty Hermy, X-Sive, understand my English good because I hate Russian. When I have learned this subject at school we at once each other have not grown fond.And acoustical English at me not so good. I not at once understand.

Lady Astrel
Заслуженный Волшебник
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Lady Astrel » 03 окт 2007 21:57

do you think 2-disk edition will have the English language?
Oh, let's hope for it!
ILYA, if only I could understand what you've written... :wink:

Лучший форумец 2007 г.

Закрыто

Вернуться в «Фильмы про Гарри Поттера»