О фильмах на английском /Only for english speaking.

Здесь можно обсуждать фильмы о Гарри Поттере, игру и личности актеров.
X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Псевдоним: Кринус
Контактная информация:

О фильмах на английском /Only for english speaking.

Сообщение X-Sive » 23 сен 2007 17:58

I've created this topic for few reasons:

We can talk about Harry Potter here in english so we can improve our knowledge, share opinions and, maybe, just have fun.

But the main reason is not to show off, but to improve our knowledge in languages.

I hope i don't break rules by doing so. And i hope moderators don't mind if we tried something like this.

Besides, we can host any english speaking visitors here.
Order of the Phoenix
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
Sensible unless not sensitive.

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 24 сен 2007 09:06

Well, I support you!!!English is my passion!!!i hope this topic won't be closed :cry:
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you...(C)Gandalf
Believe in magic and it will live inside you!(C)me)
437249146-стучитесь в аську, you are always welcome)

Actani
Профессор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Actani » 24 сен 2007 10:47

Насчёт темы об Эмме - использование английского в общем обсуждении было не совсем корректно по отношению к тем, кто не владеет этим языком. Не все ведь его понимают.
7. Официальный язык общения на Форуме - русский.
Если вы на Форум выкладываете какие-то цитаты на иностранных языках, то вы же должны их перевести на русский язык (или хотя бы кратко рассказать, в чем смысл этой цитаты).
http://www.hpforum.ru/profile.php?mode=register
Мне кажется очень интересной эта тема, пусть даже она немного пересекается по смыслу с игровой темой "Cafe Lingua". Только давайте перенесём её из раздела о фильмах в "Дырявый котёл"? Или, может быть, в фан-клубы - как клуб любителей английского языка?

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 24 сен 2007 15:51

Actani, let the theme will be here i think she here there is nobody will not prevent.
Славные Остатки от Гриффиндора

uo-xo-xo
Заслуженный профессор
Псевдоним: Кэтрин Сильвер
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uo-xo-xo » 24 сен 2007 18:41

I like the idea of this thread, especially the idea of improving skills in the language in which our favourite books and films are written / shot.
I am a teacher of English myself so I share your love to this language :wink:

I only doubt that this film sub-forum is OK for this topic. I mean that we can discuss not only films but the books too. I believe there're lots of people here who read the HP books in English.
Профессор Маггловедения
Декан Хаффлпаффа

Кэтрин Сильвер -- прапраправнучка знаменитого пирата Долговязого Джона Сильвера

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 24 сен 2007 20:51

Actani писал(а):Насчёт темы об Эмме - использование английского в общем обсуждении было не совсем корректно по отношению к тем, кто не владеет этим языком. Не все ведь его понимают.
7. Официальный язык общения на Форуме - русский.
Если вы на Форум выкладываете какие-то цитаты на иностранных языках, то вы же должны их перевести на русский язык (или хотя бы кратко рассказать, в чем смысл этой цитаты).
http://www.hpforum.ru/profile.php?mode=register
Мне кажется очень интересной эта тема, пусть даже она немного пересекается по смыслу с игровой темой "Cafe Lingua". Только давайте перенесём её из раздела о фильмах в "Дырявый котёл"? Или, может быть, в фан-клубы - как клуб любителей английского языка?
Просто там эта тема будет не очень популярна, а тут у нас просто начался разговор именно о фильме на английском и поэтому не хочется тему слишком отдалять, не то будет уже.

Я лично за то, чтобы она осталась здесь. Правда, хочется и книги тоже пообсуждать на английском.

Посмотрим что другие скажут, если согласятся перевести тему туда, но не оставят её там на погибель.

We'll see.

Добавлено спустя 14 минут 55 секунд:

We were talking about Emma in the other topic.

I just have an impression, that she has become very simple or common. There are no those bright emotions she used to possess anymore. What happens to person when it continues to do what it is told to do?

And the most disappointing thing is that those who make her do such things care about nothing but money. As they have spoilt the movie, imho, they are spoiling everything. Thanks god, Rupert is out of their touch. The tweens are too.
Pity, Dan isn't.

P.S. As this topic is educational, we can describe how words are used or how some mistakes should be undone at one's request or just without it, as you fancy.

Добавлено спустя 3 минуты 25 секунд:

Or suggest some interesting stuff related with HP films and english language.
Order of the Phoenix

uo-xo-xo
Заслуженный профессор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uo-xo-xo » 25 сен 2007 11:16

X-Sive писал(а): P.S. As this topic is educational, we can describe how words are used or how some mistakes should be undone at one's request or just without it, as you fancy.
If you don't mind I could take part. I teach English at the StPetersburg State University and would be glad to be helpful.

As for you personally, I quite agree with the ideas you express here and I think your English is great. there're only three things I've noticed in your posting.
The first one might be a misprint (опечатка): the spelling of the word twins (not tweens).
The second one is a missing article before the word person. We usually use articles with nouns, especially in singular (в единственном числе).
And the third one is this:
X-Sive писал(а):What happens to person when it continues to do what it is told to do?
We don't usually say it speaking about a person; we can only say it about a small baby when we don't know if it is a boy or a girl.
So there're two ways to express your thought:
1. What happens to a person when he or she continues to do what he or she is told to do?
2. What happens to a person when they continue to do what they are told to do? (we can use they even if we speak about one person)

By the way, I should say I agree wth you. I also noticed that Emma had changed, and I don't like that new image of hers.

X-Sive писал(а):Or suggest some interesting stuff related with HP films and english language.
There's an interesting site in the Internet called The Harry Potter Lexicon.
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/index-2.html
You can find plenty of interesting facts there. Both about the world of Harry Potter and the language of the books.
For example:
Differences between British and American editions of the HP books
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/about/books/differences.html

Pronunciation list
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/about/pronunciations.html

All the information is in English.
Hope you find it interesting!

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 25 сен 2007 12:22

uo-xo-xo, i like new Emma. I understand that someone used to old Emma. But i think, new Emma better.

uo-xo-xo
Заслуженный профессор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uo-xo-xo » 25 сен 2007 13:21

ILYA писал(а):uo-xo-xo, i like new Emma. I understand that someone used to old Emma. But i think, new Emma better.
Of course, every person has their own point of view, and it's OK!

And, as far as we decided to improve our English, may I point out a couple of grammatical mistakes in your posting?
someone used to old Emma
You'd better say someone got used to old Emma = кто-то привык к прежней Эмме.
We use the expression used to without got only in the meaning someone did something but doesn't do it anymore , for example,
When I was a little girl I used to wear two plaits. -- Когда я была маленькой девочкой, то ходила с двумя косичками (т.е., сейчас это уже не так).
new Emma better
In English, we must always use a predicate (сказуемое), so you should say:
New Emma is better.

Jo-Jo
Ученик

Сообщение Jo-Jo » 25 сен 2007 15:55

I think, Radkliff and Watson are not good actors. And never will be. They should look for another ways in their lives, choose the other profession. I don't see them as adult successfull actors.

Хаха, можете уже исправлять ошибки. :)))
я будда

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 25 сен 2007 22:37

Jo-Jo, pretty good. :)

uo-xo-xo, Thank you very much, i'll try to remember this lesson. It's very important.

And thanks for the links, very helpful and interesting. Especially pronunciation.
Order of the Phoenix

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 26 сен 2007 09:23

uo-xo-xo, thanks!it's very interesting to read about other people's mistakes .I'll remember them for myself )
I don't agree about Emma and Dan. It's just my opinion but I'm sure they are just diffrent from Rupert,they are more emotional,open and relaxed with public.Rupert is great but he is rather shy and less self-confident...(I can say it because I'm more like Rupert myself).Yes Emma and Dan have changed because they were cute 11-12-year-old kids for whom this fame thing was absolutely new and undiscovered and they didn't know how to behave with it.Butnow this period has gone and we see them who they really are...
Correct my mistakes) :wink:
P.S. Jo-jo...а разве можно там употреблять another ways,по-моему other...может кто мне напомнит это правило?
All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you...(C)Gandalf

Jo-Jo
Ученик

Сообщение Jo-Jo » 26 сен 2007 10:47

I am also not sure about "another" :))). Where is uo-xo-xo? Let him correct our mistakes - he is a teacher.
About acting: to scream, to flourish arms, make faces - it is still not acting. Good acting can show Rupert - in subtle nuances of expression of his face. He can show the thoughts on his face, in his eyes. And it doesn't matter is he shy or not in usual life. I will not venture to affirm he is the greatest actor, but certainly he has big potential.
Danial and Emma don't have deep, they just have learned some ways how to show some emotions and that is all.
я будда

Капелька Соулино
Ученик

Сообщение Капелька Соулино » 26 сен 2007 11:19

Ну вообще-то, another, насколько я помню, употребляется в основном с ед. числом, а other как раз с множественным - other ways правильно будет.

About Rupert, Dan and Emma's changes. Of course they're changing)) It's normal :mrgreen: And they will.
What more can I say...Actually we don't know them in their real life. We see them only in different TV programs, we listen to them giving interviews, waving to their fans in red carpets at premieres...But do you really think we watch them...real? I don't think so. It's a sort of game and it has its own rules - smiles, some phrases and so on...you know what I mean))
Maybe they're absolutely different in their usual lives. I've read one interview where Chris Columbus said about Rupert: "Dan is quite calm, but Rupert is real rock'n'roll!" :)
So I think he's not so shy in his normal life when he's not under spotlights, when he's not interviewed and so on. And I believe that he's rock'n'roll guy))) Well, it depends.
The same about Emma and Dan. As one girl from another forum said about celebrities' private life: We can see only the window...not the things behind it.
The show must go on...

uo-xo-xo
Заслуженный профессор
Контактная информация:

Сообщение uo-xo-xo » 26 сен 2007 11:36

Oh, I have written a large posting, and then there was a disconnection, and everything was gone :(

Jo-Jo, I'm a woman :D Look at the symbols opposite the word "пол": a circle with a cross goes for Venuce's mirrror (зеркало Венеры) and symbolises Female, a circle with an arrow goes for Mars's shield and spear (щит и копьё Марса) and symbolises Male.

Concerning "another". Pretty Hermy, Капелька Соулино, you're absolutely right!
It contains the indefinite article "an" which can only be used in singular.
I'm sorry, I have to leave now, I'll write more a bit later.
Профессор Маггловедения
Декан Хаффлпаффа

Кэтрин Сильвер -- прапраправнучка знаменитого пирата Долговязого Джона Сильвера

Saske
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Saske » 26 сен 2007 12:53

Jo-Jo, you me have very much afflicted the with opinion. Emma and Dan vere very good actors.

Kationa
Ученик

Сообщение Kationa » 26 сен 2007 20:50

well im glad that i can actually talk in this god-forsaken language. it honestly is no problem as i live in England and all that sort of stuff, but i think its a good idea.
so thanks guys
especially because the stupid keyboard has no russian and im not a good typist in russian.
but ILYA, no offence, but i trully believe that Emma has gotten a bit worse. im not saying she is bad, but the entire 5th movie i was doubled over in giggles due to her eyebrows. they have a life of their own - its brilliant!
Могу ли я, гавно ли я... а - Магнолия!!

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 26 сен 2007 23:50

Kationa писал(а):... i was doubled over in giggles due to her eyebrows. they have a life of their own - its brilliant!
Yeah, she's a bit too emotional. :oops:
I appreciate her acting in the first 2 movies. Very much depended from the director then. But now, they have to act the way they really can. They are given the directors of wrong sort. They can make a really standard film, but it's not enough for Harry Potter. The book, at least, isn't so simple as those pessimists think it is. But the movies show an evidence of that.
I don't mean they are bad actors, they have energy and intelligence. But they are not sensible enough to see that from the 3rd movie till (hope that won't really happen) the 7th they were given and probably would be given wrong sort directors. They vitally (can i use this form?) need a good director.

If that kind of director would be Chris Columbus or another more legendary director, we can at least pretend on a really good interpretation of Harry Potter.

And there is one thing i can hardly understand: why has Ron become so pitious in the last books and films? And they emphasize on that in the movies too much, i think. In the first movies he really pretended to be Harry Potter's friend. And since the 3rd book he's been getting less and less self-confident (not shy).

Добавлено спустя 5 минут 24 секунды:

Kationa, and how is it in England? Can you tell something interesting abou life there and other internal affairs? I am just a great fan of GB.

Добавлено спустя 10 минут 13 секунд:

Thanks to everyone who gathered in this topic.
Honestly i didn't expect this topic to be so live.
Order of the Phoenix

Jo-Jo
Ученик

Сообщение Jo-Jo » 27 сен 2007 06:51

uo-xo-xo писал(а):I'm a woman :D
Oh, so sorry. Where were my eyes? Of course you are lady :) .
ILYA писал(а):Jo-Jo, you me have very much afflicted the with opinion. Emma and Dan vere very good actors.
Didn't mean to offend anybody. :) Everything I wrote is just my opinion.

Frankly speaking, I am not sure it is possible to make anybody change his mind about his views of actors and I even will not try do it. :)
X-Sive писал(а): Yeah, she's a bit too emotional. :oops:
I appreciate her acting in the first 2 movies. Very much depended from the director then. But now, they have to act the way they really can.
Absolutely agree :wink:
я будда

Лилиана де Флер Малфой
Новичок

Сообщение Лилиана де Флер Малфой » 27 сен 2007 08:49

Dan is really good actor. And Emma too, of course. But I think, that the most talented actor in this film is Tom))))))) It is my opinion.

(Ыыы, посчитать бы, скока ошибок))) )
Будущее принадлежит тем, кто верит в красоту своей мечты.

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 27 сен 2007 16:13

Well,I think it's possible that Rupert is sociable among his friends.I can't say a word when I'm in a big company,for example.Nevertheless I can't close my mouth when I'm hanging out with my best friends...It depends on a situation)
In my opinion each Harry Potter film has something worth its name...I don't know i love them all...I can watch them 100000.... times and I'm never tired... it means something...i got used to all the actors and all that kind of stuff in the films so that I have a feeling I have known the trio for years,they have grown up with me. i just can't say a bad word about them,all that critisizm doesn't appeal to me...I'm an idealist and why would you say something terrible about a world with the help of which you are trying to escape from reality...It's just sort of magic you are missing in your life...
Oh my god, i just couldn't stop writing in English)I love this language so much...Thank you for creating this topic, you had been like reading my soul before coming up with this great idea , thank you...:)))))

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 27 сен 2007 23:51

Pretty Hermy писал(а): In my opinion each Harry Potter film has something worth its name...I don't know i love them all...I can watch them 100000.... times and I'm never tired... it means something...i got used to all the actors and all that kind of stuff in the films so that I have a feeling I have known the trio for years,they have grown up with me. i just can't say a bad word about them,all that critisizm doesn't appeal to me...I'm an idealist and why would you say something terrible about a world with the help of which you are trying to escape from reality...It's just sort of magic you are missing in your life...
When one grows up (most "ones") one begins to loose that magic and faith in the ideal.
I wish i could remain so pure in my vision of Harry Potter and everything that is connected with it, but...
Order of the Phoenix

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 28 сен 2007 09:05

When one grows up (most "ones") one begins to loose that magic and faith in the ideal.
I wish i could remain so pure in my vision of Harry Potter and everything that is connected with it, but...
do you think my point of view is childish? i know that you start to see things more complicated while growing up...i've come through that i can assure you :) but i said that i'm an idealist and a fan of harry potter that's why i've come to this forum to chat with the same fans...i just want to say that sometimes it seems that people here just hate harry potter and all the things connected with him :evil:

X-Sive
Магистр Ордена Феникса
Контактная информация:

Сообщение X-Sive » 28 сен 2007 18:32

Pretty Hermy, sorry, but you got me wrong. I didn't mean to offend you.

Your position isn't childish! I just mean that almost always it is reagarded as childish and you have to alter under the pressure of other people and your responsibility to the society.

It doesn't mean you are irrespectable or something. It's great! it's just not everyone can handle or maintain it.
Последний раз редактировалось X-Sive 29 сен 2007 15:31, всего редактировалось 1 раз.
Order of the Phoenix

Pretty Hermy
Ученик
Контактная информация:

Сообщение Pretty Hermy » 28 сен 2007 19:52

X-Sive, you are absolutely right)it's a problem we(harry potter fans) face in our country:sometimes my peers say that harry potter is just for kids...but i guess that i've overgrown that phase when you listen to social prejudices.What's funny i refused to watch cartoons when i was like 10-11 i thought i was too grown-up for them... :mrgreen: I liked cartoons in the bottom of my subconsciousness but i wanted to kind of show off :| so funny to remember that)Now i'm a fan of some cartoons,films for kids and so on and i don't care what people say. I love the magic of that all)))So I'm an adult but a child in my soul...I just try to be because it's wonderful)
don't pay much attention to my post because i got carried away)))i'm writing my thoughts and want to practise in English :oops:
P.S.X-Sive, your English is great!i'm so glad to see that because my peers are just terrible at it and i have no friends with the same passion in English to communicate with)

Закрыто

Вернуться в «Фильмы про Гарри Поттера»